The following are general guidelines for successful admission into the Ph.D. program in Nanoscale Science:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a science or engineering field relevant to nanoscale science is required for admission to full standing in the Ph.D. in Nanoscale Science.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or, if the applicant is currently enrolled in a graduate program or has earned a master’s degree, a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in a relevant science or engineering master’s program.
- Admission to the program will require strong scores on the verbal, quantitative, and analytical sections of the Graduate Record Examination. The Graduate Record Examination is a required part of the application package.
- Three strong, positive letters of recommendation, at least two of which must come from faculty in the applicant’s current or previous academic program. All letters should be written by individuals in a position to judge the applicant’s likely success in a Ph.D. level program. Letters should address the applicant’s suitability for a Ph.D. program and ability to complete the program in a timely fashion.
- Admission to the program of students who are not native English speakers will require strong scores on the TOEFL exam. The TOEFL exam is a required part of the application for non-native English speakers.
Documents to be submitted for application for admission
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Official GRE scores (verbal, quantitative, and analytical)
- The UNC Charlotte application for graduate admission form
- Three letters of reference from academics who have taught or worked directly with the applicant.
- An essay that addresses professional goals and motivation for pursuing the degree, suitability for the program, and career goals following the program.
- TOEFL scores (if the applicant is not a native English speaker)
An admissions committee will review applications and recommend to the Program Director whether each applicant should be admitted and, if so, under what conditions.
Students entering the program must provide an official copy of their undergraduate transcript, indicating completion of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
Apply online though the Online Application Portal